Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day Sans Daddy

I tried my best to get us right back on a routine today.  We'd kind of gotten off of a routine while Daddy had been home prior to Ranger School (a mini vacation of sorts!)...sleeping in, eating out...you know the drill...

But because when Cameron is gone I tend to stay up a LOT later than usual, I failed at getting up to work out to my Supreme 90 Day workout DVDs this morning, but I did manage to get the energy to take us all out for our morning walk.

At the designated spot, I let the girls out of the stroller and they walked the rest of the way to the playground.  Aren't they the sweetest little things?!  I didn't even ask them to hold hands for a picture!!!


When we went to drop Alegria off to school, we were a little bit early, so the girls played quietly while we waited for Alegria's teacher to come and get her (and the other kids that trickled in to the back of the school near the entrance to the pre-k room):


You may not be able to tell, but today was mismatch day at Alegria's school.  As much as I tried to get her to mismatch today, I've trained her so well by now that when I gave her mismatched clothes this morning, she specifically told me, "Momma, that don't match!"  (I know, I know...we're working on her grammar...!)  So the best I could do was to have her wear a shirt and pant that are both parts of separate matching sets...together...but the mismatching is just not that obvious, what with them being the same color blue!  She wouldn't even let me put a hot pink bow in her hair to make it look like I tried!!!  Oh well!  :)






Odette had JUST woken up when we went to pick Alegria up...can you tell by the look she's giving the camera (me)?  Hahaha!


The rest of the day was uneventful.

And at the end of the night, after the girls had had their bath, we did our countdown again, this time Alegria crossed off the day and Odette removed a bead:







Ranger School Day 1: done.

Bonne nuit, tout le monde!!!

P.S.  "Sans" is "without" in French.  And the sentence right above this one means, "Good night, everyone" in French as well.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!