Sunday, August 19, 2012

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, ALEGRIA!!!

I woke Cameron up at 7:30 so that we could go together to the girls' room and "wake" Alegria up to us singing to her the "Happy Birthday" song.  She and Odette were actually already awake...we could hear them chit-chatting from our bedroom...but nonetheless, she LOVED it when we came in singing to her.  Apparently, though, I had my camera on a weird setting (still getting used to my new camera!) and for some reason, it recorded at hyper speed and without sound and I have no idea how to fix it, so I apologize (if anyone out there knows how to fix this, please let me know!!!):


Since we knew she'd be getting a lot of "fun" presents at her birthday party, her presents today were more practical ones.  Pretty much everything she got was blue or had some blue in it, and that's her favorite color, so she was extremely happy!











Odette also liked her Alegria's presents and tried to grab a hold of something...anything...!


All dressed and sporting her new stuff!  (It's difficult to get a genuine smile out of her sometimes!)








Cute sister!



At breakfast, Odette shared my smoothie and got a smoothie mustache!


After breakfast, we went to church.  Church was fine, as usual. 

Back home, we had lunch and then Odette took a nap.  While she napped, Alegria and Daddy read books, colored, and relaxed, and I baked and decorated Alegria's birthday cookie cake.  

In the past, I've made a huge cake for their birthday party and then another, smaller one on their actual birthday, but there's always so much cake left over and I didn't want to have us eating cake for days on end...and besides, I'd been craving a cookie cake since MY birthday, so I decided that I'd try my hand at making one myself (instead of buying one...they're so expensive!).  I must say, I am very pleased with the end result:


And that's when I decided that from now on, this will be our new tradition...cookie cake on their actual birthday, and real birthday cake for their birthday party!  :)

In the meantime, Alegria received MANY a phone call from grandparents and aunts and uncles!  She LOVED the attention and the well-wishes!  Thank you to all who called and texted with loving messages to her!!!  She loves you all!!!  :)



For dinner, Daddy made some delicious homemade pizza...Alegria's favorite meal!  And we had her favorite juice, which a few days earlier when I had asked her what her favorite flavor was, she said, "Blue!"  Alegria was a happy camper and there were no food wars to be had!  :)




Finally, it was time for cake!


Our beautiful 4-year-old, Alegria!!!


Family picture!


The cookie cake was SOOO delicious!  I was afraid it would come out crunchy (I'm notorious for crunchy chocolate chip cookies instead of chewy ones), but the cake was SOOO soft and delicious!!!  I think I may even like this cookie cake better than real cake!!!  In any case, everyone agreed that it was very yummy!






Well...except for Odette.  She barely licked the frosting and decided that this was just another sweet and that she didn't like it.  For those of you who know me and my huge sweet tooth, I KNOW!  I can't believe she's my child!  Hahaha!


No matter, she doesn't need to eat sweets...she's already sweet enough to me!!!  :)  (Trying out different camera settings...)








Once dinner was cleaned up and since tomorrow is the first day of pre-kindergarten for Alegria, Daddy gave her a father's blessing to start her off on the right foot on her very first school year:




Then I presented her with her backpack and school supplies:



I can't believe our little girl is growing up!

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, ALEGRIA!!!  WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a sweetie!! I can't believe she's off to school already! Thanks for this update...it stinks being so far away, but I love being able to see the girls grow and y'all's happy family thrive. :) Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was about time, right? :) Love you, too! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!