Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg Tree

I woke up this morning to find a little friend making himself comfortable on the girls' trampoline:


Once the squirrel had been scared away, Daddy and the girls were able to jump on the trampoline, undisturbed.

The loves of my life:


The morning was spent playing.  :)

After Odette woke up from her nap, Daddy and the girls dyed hard-boiled eggs:



While Daddy and the girls worked on dying Easter Eggs, I worked on blowing Easter Eggs.  I'd never done this before, but in one of the library books that we checked out on Wednesday, it talked about Easter traditions and one of those was having a Blown Easter Egg Tree and it looked like it could be a potentially great tradition to start, so I worked on that with the mindset that the Easter Egg Tree would become the centerpiece of our dinner table and replace the simple "Spring Lambs" centerpiece I have there right now.  By the way, I'm also including views of both walls of our dining room to show that we HAVE, in fact, decorated our home some now!!!  :)





Daddy suggested Alegria help me, but most of what I had to do for the tree was cut ribbon, tie it into bows, and then hot glue them on the tree, so I did that while Alegria watched and then she got to put the delicate blown Easter Eggs on the tree once it was ready:




Oh.  And some tinsel.  I found some in my craft drawers and thought it might spruce the tree up a little more.  :)




My plan was to place "gifts" to Jesus on the tree...in the form of curled colorful paper on the branches, but by the time we got done with the tree it was dinnertime and then bath time and so we'll have to do that next year when I plan ahead a little better and don't procrastinate...  ;)

Sleep well everyone!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!