Sunday, November 27, 2011

Poor, Sick Baby!

I was putting Odette to bed last night and as I was about to put her in her crib, she vomited all over me...and herself...and the floor.  That was the beginning of a very long night. 

Odette vomited about ten times last night...probably more.  She couldn't sleep and couldn't drink a thing...even water made her vomit.  Poor thing!  At one point she tried holding it all in...to no avail.

Cameron had a meeting to attend after church today, so he slept on the couch so that he could get some sleep.  I stayed in our bedroom with Odette on a thick towel that I had folded over...she'd already dirtied up every waterproof changing pad we own...and I even had to switch out towels a couple of times...until finally her poor little body had nothing more and she was just dry heaving...

Needless to say, I did not sleep much last night, so today, both Odette and I stayed home from Church.

Thankfully, once the night was over, Odette was able to sleep for a few hours.  While she slept, I gave Alegria hugs and kisses once Daddy had gotten her dressed and then went to the kitchen and got some pictures of her looking oh, so cute for Church!





After Alegria and Cameron left, I was able to sleep while Odette slept.  Then she woke up, had a little water and medicine and then she slept some more.

At that point, instead of staying in my pajamas and going back to sleep, I decided to get ready for the day.  I showered, put on a dress that I know Cameron loves on me, and got prettied up.  Then I tidied up the house.

Originally, Cameron and I were both supposed to go to a meeting after Church today, so I'd already asked Abilehi to help us out by switching cars with us so that she could bring the girls home, give them lunch, and put Odette to bed...all for the sake of the girls' comfort and not having to make them wait for who knows how long for our meeting to be done and risk them being hungry and fussy.  Abilehi still switched cars out with Cameron so that she could bring Alegria home.  I've got such a nice sister!  :)

When Alegria and Abilehi arrived, I didn't really know what to make for lunch (or better yet...I was too tired to want to make anything!), so we opted to just have some Ritz crackers with cream cheese.  Alegria loved that option and was very handy with a knife all by herself!





After lunch, I suggested to Alegria that she take a nap...but she didn't want to...she wanted to keep playing, so I let her.  She pretended to feed Big Bear at the table on Odette's booster seat...SO cute!  :)


Eventually, she CRASHED on the couch!  Haha!


Odette, on the other hand, after some medicine and much-needed sleep, was up and playing and being her usual, happy self!  :)




It seems Odette just had a 24-hour bug and is now over it.  She even had some mashed potatoes for dinner tonight and kept it all down, so I'm a happy Momma.  :)

Now I'm off to bed for a much better night of sleep!

Good night y'all!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!