Saturday, November 12, 2011

Deceptive Me

Back in May, I ordered this new workout DVD set:


Once Cameron returned to Iraq after his two-week R&R stay with us, I worked out to it for about three weeks, but then both girls became sick and because of lack of sleep and therefore lack of energy, I stopped working out to it.

Well, now that Cameron's home, on his regular work schedule, both girls sleep through the night, and all of our vacation traveling is done, I started working out to this workout program again on Monday. 

I am happy to say that after 5 days on this program, I have already lost 5.5 pounds.  I am excited to continue with it and see even more results...though, believe me, some of the women on these DVDs look way too muscular for my liking and I do NOT intend on looking like them.  I just want to lose the fat, build lean muscle, and tone.  Good luck me!  :)

Today was a fun, slow day.  We slept in until...7:15!  Haha!  Yeah...that's about as late as the girls wanted to sleep in today.  :) 

We had some breakfast...

Odette is a very messy eater (much messier than Alegria was at this age!)...has been from the time we started feeding her solids.  Because of that, I have been trying to feed her myself as long as possible...but recently she's begun to get upset if I feed her.  She wants to feed herself.  So today, since we had nothing going on and I had all the time in the world for clean-up afterwards, I decided to let her feed herself some yogurt. 

She did pretty well, actually.  I got a couple of videos, but the darned video feature is still stumping me, so you'll have to settle for still shots:




When Odette went down for a nap, I went outside to check up on Daddy, who was working on the truck again, and on Alegria.

Alegria wanted to ride her trike, so I watched as she pedaled up and down the sidewalk.  I would only let her go as far as one or two houses down on her own and then have her come back.  She LOVES riding her tricycle!



Then she went back to "helping" Daddy:




On another topic, a friend of mine lent me a copy of a cookbook a couple of months ago.  I've tried a few recipes and a little over half have been successful...those less successful I may have to tweak with a slightly lower amount of "healthy" additives and work my way up to the full amount in order to redirect my children's palates a little more slowly.  The cookbook reads well and I really love the tips and tricks it teaches about how to get your children to eat more healthily and how to create better mealtimes with less of a struggle with picky eaters, so I bought myself a copy:


So after hanging out with Daddy and Alegria outside for a little while, I came in and while Odette continued to nap, I spent a couple of hours making pineapple, butternut squash, and sweet potato purees that I will be using in a few of the recipes.

For tomorrow's breakfast, I made these Applesauce Muffins (with butternut squash puree in them) that went from looking like this:


To this:


YUM!

Well...at last that's how they looked...  We tried them when they were warm out of the oven...our consensus?  The topping was delicious...the muffins themselves?  A little on the bland side...but I guess when you've been having Halloween candy for a few weeks, your sweet tooth is a little more picky!  We'll have to change that...  :)

In any case, Odette and I actually finished eating our muffin...but Alegria did not...and Daddy didn't even want to try one.  He knows what I'm putting in these new recipes and so the whole deception is not really working on him...and neither is it very appealing to him.  Oh well!  Now to tweak this one so that hopefully Daddy and Alegria will like them and then on to the next recipe!!!

The rest of the day there was football to be watched, toys to be played with, baths to be had...and our day was just perfect.  :)

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!