Thursday, November 10, 2011

Busy Day!

Since tomorrow is Veteran's Day, there is no school tomorrow and the soldiers have tomorrow off, too, so we decided to have preschool on Wednesday and Thursday instead of on Wednesday and Friday..which meant a lot of running around for me this morning since I was hosting playgroup today. 

It wouldn't have been so bad...except last night as I was about to start making the dessert for playgroup (we all decided that the hostess will only provide drinks and desserts and we'll all pack our lunches), I realized that I had bought peanut butter cups for one of the treats...and Quinn is allergic to peanut butter!!!  I was stressed out so much that I was about to run to Walmart at midnight to get Rolos (this was the time I realized my mistake)!

Luckily, I instead went to bed and when I woke up at 3:50  (ten minutes before my alarm went off), I was more rested and was able to think clearly and plan my day accordingly...

I got up and made all of the Turkey treat parts that I could and then I also made the Pilgrim Hat treats, which came out cute!  These are fudge-striped shortbread cookies with large marshmallows dunked in milk chocolate as the top of the hat and yellow gel icing for the buckle:


By the time 7 o'clock rolled around, I had mostly finished everything I wanted to do as far as dusting, emptying the dishwasher, tidying up, folding laundry to put away, and working out.

I got the girls up, we went on our walk, and then as soon as we got back and I put the stroller away, we got in the car and drove Alegria to preschool.

Then it was a mad dash!

Odette and I went to the Dollar General.  On our way there I was silently praying that they would have the Rolos I needed so that I wouldn't have to drive all the way to Walmart!  Thank goodness my prayers were answered and they had something even better.  No, I didn't find the Rolos, but I found a caramel and chocolate cup!  The Rolos would have been a little small, but they would have worked, but the caramel cups were the exact same size as the peanut butter cups and worked perfectly for the Turkey treats!!!

As soon as we got home, I showered up and got ready.  As I was getting ready, Odette decided to wear one of my shoes:





Once I was ready, it was time for us to go pick Alegria up from preschool, so Odette and I went and got her and came back home.

As soon as we got home, I put a movie on for the girls and finished the Turkey treats...they came out great!  :)

These are two Oreo cookies with candy corn for the tail feathers and a tip of a candy corn for the beak.  The body of the Turkey is the caramel cup and the head is a Whopper.  I used white icing to "glue" everything together as well as to make the white part of the eyes.  I used blue gel icing for the eyes and sparkly orange gel icing for the legs.  Too cute!!!  :)




Once the treats were ready, I finished the last little things I had to get done before the ladies and children arrived, mainly clean the guest bathroom and sweep the living room and kitchen floors.

Everyone showed up, the kids played and then we all ate...and then the kids played some more and we moms kept chatting the afternoon away.  :)  As always, we had a great time!






After everyone left, I put Odette down for a much-needed nap.  Then Alegria and I played, colored, and just relaxed.  The house was a mess, but I was too tired to clean up right away, so I left it for later.

Daddy came home early from work and worked on his truck some more.  Alegria was outside "helping" him.

Odette woke up and she played and looked at the fish while I finally began tidying up the remnants of playgroup:





Daddy finished working on the truck for the day, he and Alegria came in, we had dinner, and then we all put our feet up after a busy day...Alegria took advantage and made a tent using Daddy's feet and her Daddy blanket!


Then it was bath time.  I bathed the girls, then Daddy dressed Odette and I dressed Alegria.  Alegria has beautiful curls!





And of course, what one does, the other has to do...so I had to get a profile picture of Odette, too!  She insisted and even posed!  Hahaha!  Odette's hair is mostly very straight, but it's also beginning to curl at the back!  :)


Odette: "Ok!  That's enough, Mommy!  Time for bed!"


Have a great night everyone!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!