Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kerri's Baby Shower at Playgroup!

I got up to nurse Odette at 5:30 this morning then showered and got ready. I went to the kitchen and Mandy was already up, so she and I chatted while I worked on the cake. Then Adah came and then the girls all woke up.

Mandy and Adah helped me get the food ready while I finished the cake. We were running a little late, though, so I texted everyone that I wouldn't mind them all being late...so they all were...and it was perfect. They got here right as we were finishing everything up.

The table plus gifts...diapers for the new baby! (Picture courtesy of Kerri)


Most perfectly was that Kerri was the last to arrive...SURPRISE!!!  :)  (Pictures courtesy of Amanda)



First we all ate.  I made a yummy cheesy ravioli casserole...well, actually, Mandy and Adah made them using a recipe I gave them...I guess I could have taken a picture of them (we made three because there were a lot of us at playgroup today, but I didn't...oh well.

I had Adah and Mandy make sandwiches for the kids in the shape of a bear, though, and we got a picture of that!  Cute!  :) 


I also tried out a new veggie dish...a ham salad cucumber cup!  It came out DELICIOUS!  And the presentation was beautiful!  I've got to hand it to Adah and Mandy, they really did a great job with all of the food preparation...I knew they would!!!  :)  Thanks again, ladies!
 


Eating:





My two wonderful helpers!
 

Finally it was time for cake!  It was white cake with buttercream frosting and a fondant blanket with Ghirardelli chocolate circles:





Our playgroup!  We started off with six moms and five children in February of 2010 and have expanded to seven moms and eleven children...soon to be thirteen!  (Unfortunately, Shelly and JD were unable to make it today, so they're not in the picture!)
 

Allie LOVES fondant and for a joke pretended that she was going to gobble the whole fondant blanket up!
 


White cake dyed blue because Kerri is having a boy!
 


Then we played baby shower games. Everyone really liked the game prizes and we all had fun playing the games...

For the first game, once everyone had arrived, I handed everyone a cup with their frozen baby inside.  The object of the game was to be the first to have their "water break" and free the baby from the frozen blue water! (Picture courtesy of Amanda)


Amanda won that game with persistence and a little help from Lacey and Mollie!  (Picture courtesy of Kerri)


We also played a game where you had to put as many cotton balls from one container to the other while blindfolded...not as easy as it sounds!  The cotton balls are so light that you can't tell you're actually getting any on your spoon!  Kerri tries her hand at the game...!


The next game was the Pacifier Pass...the object of the game was to be the first team to pass the pacifier to the end of the line, no hands were to be used!


And finally, we played a game called Having a Baby...the object of the game was to be the first team to first blow up their balloons and stuff them in their shirts...and then pop them all! 


Another great treat today was that I got to meet little baby Jace, the newest addition to our playgroup and the newest addition to Alicia's family.  She had him two weeks ago and she looks great!  And he's so tiny and adorable!  (Picture courtesy of Kerri)


Once everyone left, I got Odette in her crib, but she was not wanting to go to sleep...I don't know if it was because Elsie and Alegria were being too loud...it probably was...

Eventually, I went to get her and she just played and was in a pretty good mood, so I guess it wasn't too bad even though she didn't nap.



Elsie and Alegria were playing underneath this blanket, pretending to be beavers hiding in their dam!  Too funny!
 

We had dinner and then finally when the sun wasn't hitting the swing set, we went outside to play.



Alegria strapping Elsie into the pink swing:


Then we came inside, I got Odette ready for bed and put her to bed...she was asleep right away!

Next I was going to put Alegria to bed, but she asked to take a shower in our shower...so I let her try it out. She actually didn't do too bad! :)




After trying to get her to go potty, though, it took her a while to finally go to bed.  Oh well!

I watered the lawn and then tried watching a movie with Adah and Mandy, but I was falling asleep, so I decided to get online and get my nightly email out to Cameron and my blogging done before I really fell asleep...

And that was our day. :)

Good night everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!