Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too!

Older, most definitely...wiser...now that I don't know! ;)

Being that it's my birthday today, I had put off making my own birthday cake, knowing that it wasn't such a big deal and I could even just whip up a simple chocolate cake with no problem and I would be fine with it.

Lucky for me, though, yesterday Andrea surprised me and showed up unexpectedly at our door on our way in from dinner (Abilehi graciously babysat and Cameron took me to Olive Garden for my birthday...YUM!!!)...and she had this cake in tow!

Don't be deceived...it isn't just any chocolate cake...it's sinfully chocolate!!! There were layers upon layers upon layers of chocolate cake and chocolate/raspberry ganache! SOOO good!!! Plus the fact that for the first time in a long time, I hadn't had to make my own birthday cake...THAT was spectacular!!! Thanks again for the awesome cake, Andrea!!! We loved it...especially me!!!

Andrea also surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of red roses...my favorite flower! :)



And here's a picture of all of the birthday cards I got:

Other than celebrating my birthday, this morning we played outside before heading to Church:


And in the evening after having some birthday cake, we relaxed and Alegria put Big Bear to "bed" in the entertainment center. I just love how now she "shushes" you to get you to be quiet if anyone is "asleep!" :)



All in all, it was a great day to be turning 31!!! YIKES!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!