Wednesday, August 26, 2009

French Tutor For Hire!

It rained really hard this afternoon. When Alegria woke up from her nap, she was mesmerized as she watched the rain fall!



Once the novelty of the rain wore off, I got Alegria dressed and she and I went to Tea Bean Espresso to visit with the local high school French teacher about me tutoring her students. We had a nice visit and she said she would pass on my information to not only her students, but also the French teachers in Killeen to send their students over to me for tutoring as well. Now it's a waiting game. :)

I'm trying to teach Alegria to "talk" on the phone so that others can at least hear her little baby babble when they call, but so far she is still only interested in my phone for it's chocolatey goodness (I have an LG Chocolate) and for its MP3 player capabilities.


So I'm going the "monkey see, monkey do" route and teaching Big Bear to talk on the phone first so that then Alegria will want to do the same. So far I can get her to babble what sounds like a baby "hello" but sounds more like "eh-oh" on her play phone...but still nothing on my cell phone. Oh well. I know that once I do, I'll be fighting her to get off the phone, so I guess I shoul enjoy having my phone to myself while it lasts.

She still wants to drive, though. Here she is with my keys:






When Daddy got home, Alegria went with him to play with Isis while I got dinner ready:



Once Alegria was in bed, the thunder and lightning storm started up fiercely again. It was beautiful and I was able to get a sort of good video and a sort of good picture:



We are SO grateful for the rain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!