Saturday, June 20, 2009

Babies SAY the sweetest things!

Today was our first full day without Cameron. It wasn't too bad. I mean, we've done it before, so it wasn't new to us.

After Alegria's morning nap, we went out. I had to get some groceries and while we were out, we stopped by Payless to see if there were any shoes that caught my eye. None really took my breath away, so we left and went to Wal-Mart.

Once home, I put the groceries away and then Alegria and I played a little until it was time for Alegria's afternoon nap.

When Alegria woke up, we read her books, sang some songs, and played with her toys. I also took a few pictures of her as she explored and played.








And before I bathed her, as I was filling the sink with water, I told Alegria how cute her little belly was.

Alegria: "Round is a shape, too. Don't hate!" :)

But the most exciting thing that happened today was that Alegria said "Daddy!" She had just woken up from her afternoon nap and I was cuddling with her in the living room chair. I was telling her that she needs to learn to say "mama" when she wants me. For example, I told her, when she wakes up from a nap, instead of screaming for me, she should just say "mama" and I'll come right away! So I asked her, "Can you say mama? Say mama." So of course she said, "Daddy!" It was the most precious sound! I wondered if it was just a fluke or if she really was saying "Daddy," so for the next few hours, I kept asking her to say "Daddy" and she did! Watch and listen to her sweet little voice:



Then another exciting thing that happened was that she was playing with one of Cameron's uniform name tags. I asked her if she could please hand it to me...and she did! I did this several times and she kept doing it, even when the name tag fell on the floor, I'd ask her for it and she'd pick it up and put it in my hand! Our little girl is so smart! She's understanding things more and more each day! What a little miracle she is!!! We love her so much!!!



And that was our day. :)

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!